On Wednesday 10th November, Catoira holds the thematic session “The vikings and the wine in Galicia”. The event will take place in Celso Emilio Ferreiro room, at the Town Hall of Catoira. It includes the presentation of Eduardo Morales book “The vikings in Galicia”. The president of the Destination Viking Association (DVA) Ole Madsen will attend this event, invited by the mayor Alberto García.
This event marks the beginning of a project that the Catoira Council has planned to carry out next year, and which includes the holding of a seminar on the links between the Vikings Route and the Camino de Santiago cultural itineraries, as well as a study to trace a Viking route between Catoira and Santiago de Compostela. The seminar will take place during the first week of August 2022, coinciding with the celebration of the Viking Pilgrimage and the Albariño Festival, both celebrations recognized as festivals of International Tourist Interest. One of the objectives of this project, which has the support of the Xunta de Galicia, is to take advantage of the relationships between these routes to promote the internationalization of the two celebrations.
- 10:30 Welcome from the mayor of Catoira, Alberto García
- 10:45 Presentation by Eduardo Morales: «The Vikings in Galicia». Former Chancellor of the Spanish Embassy in Denmark, archaeologist and researcher, author of numerous articles and publications on Scandinavian culture and the Vikings.
- 11:30 Presentation of Ole Madsen: Destination Viking Association. Director of the Archaeological Museum of the University of Stavanger (Norway).
- 12:00 Jorge Vila Fernández: presentation on Albariño wine. Sommelier and director of the Galicia Wine Academy.
- 12:30 Albariño wine tasting.
- 13:00 Closing by the territorial delegate of the Xunta de Galicia in Pontevedra.
This presentation event is open to all residents who want to attend.
We also remember that the municipal public library has copies of the book.